Sunday, August 31, 2014

Thoughts from the "Field"...




Things are going well here in Ada. Transfers are next Wednesday, I figure out if I’m staying or leaving on Sunday evening. My companion, Elder Owen, is going to be getting Insanity workout from his Mom next week. So if I stay here another transfer, we will be killing ourselves working out.  One of our Zone Leaders here is Elder Nelson. He is from Rexburg, Idaho. He is super cool and he plays the bagpipes a lot! He was in one of those huge Scottish bands like the ones we'd see at the Highland Games. 
 
Definitely send me some copies of Dad's letters from his mission! I also want to see some pictures of him from his mission! I ordered some new missionary name tags. I'll probably mail you home one to have and put on that Missionary Wall by the computer. The ward here just released all of the relief society presidency, bishop's counselors, seminary teacher, high priest group leader, ward missionary leader. They filled in most of the spots, but not ward missionary leader. So we'll see who it will be soon! Brother Solórzano was called to be Bishop's 1 counselor. He was very nervous ha-ha.
 
I've been slacking on my journal writing. I am on May 1st in it. Luckily I have written down in my planner some special things that happened each day so I can look back and record those memories in my journal. It's not that same cause time has faded my memories of those day's specifics. But I don't want to say that there was a day in my mission that I didn't write about. I have a shoe box here full of letters from family and friends that I’ve received while here in Oklahoma. We might have a baptism this Saturday. His name is Ricky and he quit chewing tobacco yesterday. You're supposed to be off of it 7 days prior to your baptism. He has some strange beliefs though, but is open to the idea of Joseph Smith and Thomas Monson. He said he does believe in them and the restoration, but he doesn't KNOW it's true yet. We explained that's why faith is important. President Walkenhorst and Bishop Niblett said that it's Elder Owen and my call. We are earnestly seeking revelation! 
 
Thought on helping others: We do not know the capabilities of the Sealing power. It could be as gentle as a divine tug or pull to return to that which they know to be true. But also in Alma the Younger's case, he was visited by an angel because of the prayers of his Father, Alma. Now read D&C 123:17. Let us cheerfully do all that we can and stand still and watch the power of God be made manifest. 
 
Love you
Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment