Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thankful for every day...


Golfing Oklahoma style!


My new companion, he is a cross-country runner so needless to say he is trying to get me in shape!!
I can't believe my teenage years are over... I hope the present you got me is a cane and some Depends cause I'll be needing them soon enough!
There is a mom and dad in our ward whose daughter has just left to Mexico on her mission. They're going to be called as a ward missionary couple for the two years that her daughter serves. I thought, that'd be so cool! We saw an elderly lady in the ward, Sister Barnes, yesterday. She has been in and out of the hospital so many times over the past couple years. She has not been doing well. She recently slipped and broke her shoulder and it's in a sling, and Sunday morning she reached over to get something from her bed and sort of fell and hit the same shoulder on her bed post. She is such a dang tough lady!
If you feel that you are going through a tough time and that it might be too much for you to handle, read the Lord's advice to Joseph in D&C 122:5-7; 127:2. Those are two scriptures that pump me up:)
Also, I really like what Job had to say in Job 27:3-5
All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
 God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
The work is going well here. We have many people to help and serve and the members are so great to us. I love my mission.
Elder Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment