Thursday, November 14, 2013

Daily activities November 14, 2013




Here is his answer to--What is a typical day for you?
I wake up at 6:30, walk out to the recliner and sleep till Spafford gets out of the shower then I go hop in the short shower. Then I come out and shave, brush my teeth, put my contacts in, get dressed. Then go cook breakfast and listen to some talks on my ipod. Then we do personal study for an hour. I usually read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon then highlight the heck out of it with a lot of different colors. Then I read some of the Bible on a topic. Like yesterday I was reading over the Sermon on the Mount. Then some of Preach my Gospel. Then we do companion study for 2 hours. We review what we learned in personal study, role play for an investigator or less active that we are planning on seeing that day. Then we go over some of the 12 week program, which is training for my first 12 weeks in the field. Then lunch. After lunch we usually hop on our bikes and start to go visit people or tract till dinner which is usually around 5 or 6. Dinner lasts an hour. After dinner we go see a couple more families before we come back to the apartment and plan for the next day. Then change clothes and work out a little and clean. Then pass out!
I shared a story a couple times this week that's about trials and tests. It's compared to a potter and making a vase with clay. The potter (god) throws the clay on the wheel and like magic a beautiful vase starts to appear. By the potter applying pressure to the inside and outside of the clay, he builds it up and forms it into beautiful shapes and designs. Sometimes as people we think that the pressure on the outside is too much and we're going to collapse. But what we should focus on is God's hand in the inside holding us up. Romans 5:3-4

I have got to get going! Love you so much! Thank you for sending me out here on my mission and supporting me! have a great week!:)


-Elder Olson


No comments:

Post a Comment